Monday, April 3, 2017

Enough Already With the Week by Week Pregnancy Posts

I'm pregnant -- which gives me the right to unapologetically share with you my disdain for those week by week pregnancy posts. You know the ones I mean -- picture of mom's growing belly. "Today baby is an avocado... today baby is cauliflower, today baby is..." STILL INSIDE YOUR UTERUS SO PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST SHUT UP!


Yes, I too have The Bump app which tracks baby's size and my future step-daughters and family get a kick out of comparing the baby to various fruits and vegetables BUT the rest of the Facebook, Instagram world?! I'm going to tell you right now THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS that at week 21, the baby is an endive (yes really endive).

It's like everyone's weekly reminder -- hey guys look at me! Did you forget that I'm growing a baby inside me?

 

No they did not forget... they do not have pregnancy brain -- you do!

So sorry to disappoint but I will not be posting weekly pictures of my baby bump. I think that takes the fun out of seeing someone you haven't seen in a while anyway, don't you think?

I'd rather go the more dramatic route with a before and after pic:

On the left -- before tiny human.
On the right: not so tiny anymore, kicking me in the hoo-ha, human.

It's kind of like a play off of the extreme weight loss commercials except the opposite. I may even up the ante and do it in my bathing suit for an added effect ðŸ‘™

No comments:

Post a Comment