Monday, April 24, 2017

Is It a Boy or a Girl?

My 20-week ultrasound -- thee ultrasound where we can find out the baby's sex is just a few short days away. And as you can imagine the antici.........................................................................pation is already killing us.



So just to torture ourselves even more Zach and I decided we're going to wait until our wedding reception to reveal the baby's gender. Did I mention our wedding is 2 MONTHS away? And we'll specifically have to get through the ceremony, photos, intros, parent dances, dinner, etc. before we get to the cake cutting. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we have dessert first that night!

Needless to say this grand display requires a lot of self-control. After the tech writes down her finding at the u.s. and seals it inside an envelope (should probably padlock it too) we will have the truth bomb in our possession until the next day when we pop it in the mail and send it to our baker.

How the hell are we going to resist the urge to peak inside?! Of course I've thought about finding out right away and then feigning surprise but there's no way Zach and I would be able to poker face everyone for 8 weeks... I'm sure my pinterest board would give it away immediately. Plus, my mom -- the mastermind behind the reveal would most certainly kill me if when she found out we knew ahead of time.

Seriously how do people (like my parents) wait until birth to find out what they're having? Learning you have a tiny human inside of you seems like enough excitement for the century. And the whole reveal hoopla? I was so against it before the wedding idea came about. I equated it with those week-by-week pregnancy posts... WHO GIVES A DAMN?! It's a party where people force you to eat cupcakes so they can find out the gender of your baby. Like what if they're on a diet or a diabetic?

Another alternative is the carb-less reveal like the couple below chose to do. But can we be honest here?


They have wayyyy too much time on their hands. And nice try but our reveal is going to blow theirs out of the water anyway. #SorryNotSorry

No comments:

Post a Comment