Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Kick Me Baby One More Time

The kicks started out as little flutters around 21 weeks and were few and far between.


Me waiting for the baby to kick:

Now at 23 weeks the good news is that they are stronger and becoming more frequent. I feel the baby at every hour throughout the day, especially at night right before I fall asleep and just after I wake up in the morning. BUT one thing is still very clear -- the baby will not kick on command. The baby will be kicking me a few times and then others get excited ready to cop a feel. I rub my belly to help make the magic happen.


Me: Kick me baby one more time.

And...... NOTHING.

He or she is really holding out on the grandmoms who are so eager to feel a little (any) movement. Zach at least was able to feel the baby kick on May 1 while we were watching TV. A little later that week the baby was kicking like crazy again -- still not sure if it was because of the sour cream and onion chips I was snacking on or the scary movie we were watching but I plan to continue experimenting.

Marissa and Emma also got to feel their future sister or brother just last weekend. Emma while I was laying with her to get her to fall asleep and Marissa the very next morning when the girls came into wake me at 7:15. In the morning. On a Sunday. 😑

Generally speaking people equate the word "kicking" with pain but let me tell you -- the sensation is anything but. It also helps that the baby is only the size of a grapefruit at this point so how much harm could they do? (famous last words). Up until this point I have still been in a state of somewhat disbelief over growing a literal human inside of my body!!!!! The hourly movements have been a precious reminder. And if I'm quick I can actually see the little guy or girl moving inside my belly... how crazy is that?!

Even more crazy this baby is going to be able to one day live outside of my belly... then we'll all be able to witness the kicking (and screaming) 😄😓

No comments:

Post a Comment