Thursday, March 23, 2017

Isn't It Ironic

Have you ever heard the saying "If you want to hear God's laugh, tell him your plans?" Well he must have chortled til tears were streaming down his face the day I decided to give up beer for the whole month of January. The plan? Cut down on calories and lose a few pounds before I began my wedding dress search. I thought 31 days was going to be pretty rough... that is until about halfway through when I found out I was pregnant and would not be able to enjoy another IPA for a whole year and then some.

Ironic that my initial goal was to slim down a tad when in reality I ended up having to buy a wedding dress two sizes too big that I can grow into.

Another irony -- Emma was doodling in my planner weeks before we found out we were expecting, writing "Yor Plans" for the week of 1-9-17. I took the test that same week.

If I wasn't pregnant, in all honesty I probably would have broken down somewhere along the way - maybe have a beer or two on a Friday night when it's been "one of those weeks." But because I'm pregnant, the closest I've gotten to beer is Zach letting me sniff whatever he's drinking. And that's because the motivation to lose weight does not compare to the motivation of holding, creating the tiny life that's inside of me. Cutting out alcohol, certain cheeses, hoagies from my diet. Conceding to the title of "Party Pooper" because I have to be in bed by 10 and fall asleep during every movie Zach and I attempt to watch. Modifying my gym routine, meal times and remembering to take my horse pill prenatal vitamin every night before bed. Moving my September wedding up a few months to June.

So many adjustments... each and every one is 110% worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment