Friday, March 17, 2017

Can't. Stop. Crying.


Frequent bathroom breaks... short term memory... CAN'T STOP CRYING. Am I 4 or 24? Oh that's right, I'm pregnant -- and I'm starting to think the recent changes going on both physically and mentally are preparing me for what's to come in more ways than one.


A few years from now when my little one gets to the age where they're potty-trained and they need to use the bathroom while we're out shopping... and again five minutes later -- I'll try to think back to the times I've had to use the bathroom TWICE before leaving the restroom at work.

And in a few short months when it feels as if the baby is crying over the littlest things like too strong of a breeze... I'll try to think back to the times I cried over commercials, songs on the radio, "This Is Us" (but who hasn't?). It's also not a little tearing up here and there. In most cases it's ugly red-faced sobbing. I'm definitely not in control anymore...


Accurate depiction of my baby:


Finally, I promise not to put too much pressure on my son or daughter when they're learning their ABCs. NBD if they forget the L-M-N-O-P. After all, I have forgotten to pay the cashier for bottled water at the gym, have forgotten to wash the soap off of my hands before turning the faucet off, have accidentally used the men's bathroom - even going so far as thinking that I was the first person in said bathroom - it must have just been cleaned since the seat is up 😑. And no surprise here -- but my mind is blanking on my other pregnancy brain moments... but trust me there have been plenty and plenty more to come.

Accurate depiction of me:


But for now I'll do what Dory does and just keep swimming. 25 weeks left to go... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment